Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Davidsons has provided a nice pic of this Talo walnut Mannlicher stainless 10/22.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...tm_content=500&utm_campaign=product_spotlight

Pretty, doesn't look at all 'tactical'. I haven't figured out how I can justify (to myself) the buying of one. Don't shoot the 10/22 I own often enough.

I am not affiliated with either Davidsons or Talo, and will not be upset if this post is deleted. Just wanted to show the pretty-pretty.

;)

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I had a Mannlicher once but it was a Steyr-Mannlicher and it was styled. It had the twisted barrel, engraving, set trigger and the wood was I would say a grade 3 Brazilian if they had a grade 3. It was the plain walnut stock. The bluing was so good that it looked like you could put your fingers in it. It was a .222 magnum which was a hard round to come by but it was a tack shooter.
Wish I had it now but since I can only shoot from a bench anymore, it wouldn't do me any good. Not knocking Ruger but stainless just don't look right on a stylish rifle. MHO!

Tommy

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ ^ That's because you are an old fogy reactionary, Tommy. I like stainless in walnut, because I am hip.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
^ ^ That's because you are an old fogy reactionary, Tommy. I like stainless in walnut, because I am hip.
Bob,

The only reason you are hip is because you state once in a while along with Buster that both of you are hip. It's your hips that help you walk, not your "hip" attitude. Gotcha!!! Both of you now have longer legs!!!:rayoff:

Tommy

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I have one I bought in 1967. Recently redid the stock. It's still my favorite after all these years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts