10/22 Mannlicher

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by VThillman, Jun 11, 2016.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Davidsons has provided a nice pic of this Talo walnut Mannlicher stainless 10/22.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...tm_content=500&utm_campaign=product_spotlight

Pretty, doesn't look at all 'tactical'. I haven't figured out how I can justify (to myself) the buying of one. Don't shoot the 10/22 I own often enough.

I am not affiliated with either Davidsons or Talo, and will not be upset if this post is deleted. Just wanted to show the pretty-pretty.

;)

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

3. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Personally, the Mannlicher models just don't look right with stainless. One of those classical styled models just deserts a blued finish to me.

Carl Crosby likes this.
  4. 22shooter

22shooter New Member

22shooter great looking gun like all the wood..I have a Walmart stainless with laminated wood over 25years love it.

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I had a Mannlicher once but it was a Steyr-Mannlicher and it was styled. It had the twisted barrel, engraving, set trigger and the wood was I would say a grade 3 Brazilian if they had a grade 3. It was the plain walnut stock. The bluing was so good that it looked like you could put your fingers in it. It was a .222 magnum which was a hard round to come by but it was a tack shooter.
    Wish I had it now but since I can only shoot from a bench anymore, it wouldn't do me any good. Not knocking Ruger but stainless just don't look right on a stylish rifle. MHO!

Tommy

6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

^ ^ That's because you are an old fogy reactionary, Tommy. I like stainless in walnut, because I am hip.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Bob,

The only reason you are hip is because you state once in a while along with Buster that both of you are hip. It's your hips that help you walk, not your "hip" attitude. Gotcha!!! Both of you now have longer legs!!!:rayoff:

Tommy

9. zippo9

zippo9 Member

I have one I bought in 1967. Recently redid the stock. It's still my favorite after all these years.

10. peterpilot379

peterpilot379 New Member

Love the Männlicher stocks! Patiently waiting for the Talo stock to cross my path.