10/22 Mannlicher

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by VThillman, Oct 24, 2015.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Got an advert this morning from Gallery of guns, announcing the availability of a Talo version of the 10/22 Mannlicher - walnut stock and all. I stared at the photo for awhile (that particular stock is lovely), checked my LGS offer price (not bad), and reluctantly decided I don't need another 10/22 bad enough to mess up my money supply.

I know some of you folks are rolling in dough though...

:p

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Bob,
    I quit rolling in dough. My mattress was getting so lumpy with the hundred dollars bills that I would wake up with back cramps. So I went on a spending spree and spent both of my dollars.

Tommy

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I know you won't tell. I stash my $100 bills in a 'kneehigh' sock (can't wear them anymore because of the diabetes) and attach the sock to the bottom of a bedspring. When the sock gets so heavy with cash it touches the floor, I empty it out and go buy a gun. Well, so far that's all theory, but when I hit the lottery I plan to thin down the roll enough every night so it'll fit in my pocket; gotta put those pesky extras somewhere.

4. mag318

mag318 Member

My LGS had 3 of these and after checking out all 3 I bought this one. Didn't need another 10-22 but I couldn't resist one with wood like this. Tonight I put in a Ruger BX trigger I had on order. Anyone who hasn't tried these triggers yet, you owe it to yourself to check them out. Grab A Gun gas them for $60 and it's worth every penny.

Attached Files:

5. peterpilot379

peterpilot379 New Member

What stock is that? The Talo Mannlicher?

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

That is one beautiful rifle:cool:

7. peterpilot379

peterpilot379 New Member

Am I correct in that there are 4 Mannlicher options available? Ruger's standard offering (one uniform stain over entire stock), Rugers laminate offering, Talo's version with the enhanced darker checkering and one called the Classic with enhanced checkering and a cheek rest built in?

8. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

These are the currently shown ones on Ruger's site. This doesn't necessarily mean these are in production nor readily available (they're not 100% timely on being up to date). there's been there in the past both as standard cataloged variations and as distributor models.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]