Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will be pleased to learn that I took my 1970s Ruger 10/22 to the range today -after it had ~ a 30 year rest. Needed to sight the Bushnell "Sportview" 4x scope in again; it got bumped somewhere during the two cross-country moves it suffered. Both the factory 10 round mag and the Ram-Line 25 rounder fed without a hitch (Federal bulk copper plated ammo. That Ram-line is all-plastic (no metal 'lips'), but it shows no sign of wear, so must be I didn't use it much.

Another sunny day, temp around 80, humidity around 50%. Summers in Vermont are a trial.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Love my 10/22 also,

I dont take mine out and shoot it very much either,
Dont know why, its a great performer.

VERY accurate.. mine has stainless ,swirl ground OD , bull barrel.

Jim

·
Sorcerer
30 Posts
Love my 10/22 also,

I dont take mine out and shoot it very much either,
Dont know why, its a great performer.

VERY accurate.. mine has stainless ,swirl ground OD , bull barrel.

Jim
No pic it didn't happen .or it's one of those ghost rifles we have all heard about .:camo:

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I had a couple of 10/22 Rugers and the dumbest thing I ever did was get rid of them. Bill Ruger made a classic and it was inexpensive for the time. We used to go to a pond that was overrun with frogs and pick them off. That was a great time! Hold on to that ancient piece of history and you will never regret it.
Tommy

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I had an old 10/22 and also had the Ram line mag, but also had a Ram Line folding stock.
I lost that one in a fire 3 years ago. I really miss that gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts