10/22 Extended Mag Release

Discussion in 'Ruger Firearms Accessories' started by grdad45, Jun 2, 2013.

1. grdad45

grdad45 New Member

Lots of them listed at different sites. Which one(s) do you suggest? Don't want to get a piece of junk.

2. justin626

justin626 New Member

I've got the one from Power Custom. It's well made and serves its purpose. Chose it based on bad reviews of similar offerings from other companies.

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

4. Don

Don Member

OK ya'll don't laugh at me but I have checked out several and found my fave to be the one Ruger is putting on the new rifles today. At only $5 apiece I ordered 2 of them last week. if anyone thinks I just made a colossal mistake I'd like to hear it but say it nicely. I'm a very sensitive guy......:hammer:

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

nothing wrong with Ruger's mag release, I just like the long wrap under ones because they are quick and easy to reach.

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I guess I cant comment on any of them except the ones I use.
    I really like the Volqartsen extended release, because it is so smooth to the touch, and so smooth in operation, I can just run my finger over it nice and easy and comfortable.
    Hey, at about 20 bucks, I like.

Jim

7. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

All basically the same type of simple design, just different visually. Pick what one appeals to you from a visual standpoint and go with it. I've used a bunch of various ones and choose depending on the style of the build. Design and color are the factors I look for and the more traditional styled builds keep the previous flat style release.

8. MikeInVegas

MikeInVegas New Member

I like the one by Tactical Solutions.

ts_release.jpg

It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's well made and easy to use, and it has the added benefit of looking really cool (AND it comes in different colors to match the rest of your build). :D

9. 1morernd

1morernd New Member

agree on the T.S. release.

10. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

+1 for TS...;)

[​IMG]

11. Don

Don Member

Well i have to say I am very pleased with my installation of the factory extended tabs. they feel very much like the mag release tab on my mini14. they are unobtrusive while still being very easy to feel and operate. At $5.00 each I'm very satisfied. Now I have to figure out a way to mae the mag release on my 77/357 easier to find. It needs to be roughed up with some nice checkering I believe.

12. grdad45

grdad45 New Member

Well. I got the Tactical Solutions release. I actually got to try one on a friend's rifle, and it just "felt" great.
    Thanks for all the replies!!!

13. bunker3

bunker3 New Member

With the install of the Tactical Solutions lever mag release can I access the bolt lock release selector?

14. 486

486 New Member

Is there a mag release that you can pull back instead of pushing forward?

15. bunker3

bunker3 New Member

Mag Release

All of my research indicates no, because of location of the plunger that releases the mag.
    I decided to go with a wide mag release to be easily ambidextrous made by Glockplates.com.
    Tacticalsupplydepot

16. Don

Don Member

486, I think it can work that way but you have to be holding the gun in a very unsafe position. I don't recommend it.

17. GrimmSR

GrimmSR New Member