Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain exactly what this will do?

I see it come up in conversation and in the description of triggers being sold on ebay. How will this effect the gun? what will it do different?

·
Registered
499 Posts
You just rack it instead of using the lever on the bottom to return the bolt after reloading. Operates more like an AK than a 10/22 although that is eliminating a safety feature.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can modify your existing factory bolt release to be an auto bolt release. All it takes is a small stone bit in the Dremel & a few minutes. It performs exactly the same as aftermarket auto bolt releases.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought 2 auto releases I like this better just pull bolt and release! I tried to make my second one bought a small file, but the top part that engages bolt was holding bolt there is more to it than just filling point in the pin slot the finger that touches bolt,,, has to be made smaller Most auto actions are this way,, simply pull back and let go

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's really easy to modify the factory 10/22 bolt release to "auto bolt release". It just takes a couple minutes of careful use with a Dremel Circular metal grinding cone bit and you basically have the very same exact bolt release that auto bolt releases sold as aftermarket are. Be aware that a smack of the butt on the floor will make the bolt close after that. I'll take some pics the next time I do 1 and post them.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Stalkingbear, I'm sure a lot of us will be happy to see those pics and learn something.
Thanks in advance. :Cooltu:
Next time I have my 10/22 apart I'll take a look at those parts to try and figure out how to do that job.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe I didn't do mine right but the purchased ones, Volquartsen's are smaller on top where bolt is engaged I think that is holding bolt anyway. easier to operate one hand the way it should be

1 - 11 of 11 Posts