10/22 Attachment...Sorta Neat!

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by SGW Gunsmith, Apr 27, 2019.

1. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

I have a local customer who brings me most, if not all, of any work on his firearms that he doesn't want or need to bother with. He is a great person, even though he is an attorney. :)

He brought me a recent purchase of a Ruger 10/22 that is a fairly new version and wanted to get a very nice Leupold scope mounted to it. He also brought me a "gizmo" that will indeed help you get rid of a LOT of .22 rimfire ammunition:
    [​IMG]

OK, I mounted this 'thang' to his trigger guard and, or course, I had to go out to my range and see how it works............or doesn't. Awesome! It takes quite a bit longer to load 20 rounds in the BX-25 round magazine that is does to empty the dang thing:

rugertoter likes this.
  2. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I haven't seen one of those advertised forever.
    Thought they outlawed them.

rugertoter likes this.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

If they have not done so yet, I'm surprised. The clowns got rid of bump stocks, and this crank does about the same thing.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  4. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

The snag is, each shot fired only involves a single pull of the trigger by the 'lobe' of the crank.
    You are right though, bump stocks for the 10/22 and all others have been banned and must be destroyed. Hard to understand that, as it's not even a firearm, and the gun will still only fire with each actual single pull of the trigger.
    Both items just allow the gun to fire much faster.