Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew about the 10/22, and I never intended on buying one, but later on I decided to buy an integral suppressor platform, and the one I got was built for the Ruger 10/22.

I'm not finish building my gun into a weapon system yet, but from the starting point so far my appreciation for the 10/22 rifle has only got better. It has really grown on me.

Air gun Trigger Art Line Shotgun

Right now my build is as follows:

10/22
Sniper Bolt (I have no clue what that does)
T22 integral suppressor barrel
Scope (no idea what scope it is)

Future plans:

Scope:
Although the current scope has held a solid zero for years, I plan on buying a PSOP Dragunov SVD style scope just for looks, and too have fun with the bullet drop reticles down range. Fix what is not broken.

Trigger, Sling:
Other than that upgrading the trigger, I plan I getting a sling. Blue force.

The build is a work in progress. I plan on using it in the Apple Seed Shoot in Waco, Texas. I just moved, so I'm interested to see how well the zeroing has held out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I knew about the 10/22, and I never intended on buying one, but later on I decided to buy an integral suppressor platform, and the one I got was built for the Ruger 10/22.

I'm not finish building my gun into a weapon system yet, but from the starting point so far my appreciation for the 10/22 rifle has only got better. It has really grown on me.

View attachment 13263

Right now my build is as follows:

10/22
Sniper Bolt (I have no clue what that does)
T22 integral suppressor barrel
Scope (no idea what scope it is)

Future plans:

Scope:
Although the current scope has held a solid zero for years, I plan on buying a PSOP Dragunov SVD style scope just for looks, and too have fun with the bullet drop reticles down range. Fix what is not broken.

Trigger, Sling:
Other than that upgrading the trigger, I plan I getting a sling. Blue force.

The build is a work in progress. I plan on using it in the Apple Seed Shoot in Waco, Texas. I just moved, so I'm interested to see how well the zeroing has held out.
I have had a Ruger since it first came out on the market in 1965. And I have owned many more since then. I recommend the Sightmark Wraith Digital Day / Nightvision scope. I do not use subsonic ammo, I use the.22LR CCI Velocitor 40 Grain Copper Plated Hollow Point at 1435 FPS, I have found it to be the Fastest most accurate 40 grain Hollow Point on the market. AGILIA makes one that is advertised a few fps faster but I found it to be inaccurate and its velocity was overstated did not even come close to the CCI Velocitors 1435 FPS. With the suppressor, the report of the rifle would be minimal and you could not determine the direction it came from making the game stand still for another shot you would hear the round going down range only Perfect cartridge on Hog at 50 -75 Yards and Coyotes out to 150 Yards. Then in Low Light and Darkness, you have night vision. Also, the Wraith has the ability of a one-shot zero These scopes cost between 450.00 -500.00 Dollars I have one on a Ruger 10/22 Rifle, ONE on a Ruger PC 9 9mm Carbine Rifle, One on an AR-15 Rifle. These scopes allow you to mount and zero on several different rifles you only need to mark the mounting pic rail of where it was mounted and return it to the exact spot and your rifle will still hold its zero and accuracy.The recoil allows for a video recorder to record your shots.

TEST IS THE .22LR CCI VELOCITY IS PROOF OF ADVERTISED VELOCITY BEING CORRECT (SEE VIDEO )

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

My Ruger 10/22 sports a FAB Defense Tactical Stock Piller Bedded Receiver, Ruger BX Target Trigger, Free Floated ER Shaw 20" Target crowned Factory Taper Barrel 1:16 Twist, SightMark Wraith Digital Day / Night Vision Scope. I use this rifle primarily on Feral Hogs and coyotes from 50 to 75 Yards I've killed 300 & 400-pound Hogs over Bait from high atop a 25' Ladder stand with a single shot placed to the Hogs Head. I am a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator who specializes in the Eradication of Feral Hog & Coyotes in the State of SC.

This is the PC 9 9MM Carbine that's suppressor-ready I also use this.

Military camouflage Camouflage Wood Machine gun Air gun

While not as precision accurate as the .22 LR it delivers a fast (over 1600 fps) Hard-Hitting Heavier bullet out to 275 yards without a problem.
I use the 9mm 65 grain ARX Bullet with great efficacy in this 9mm carbine rifle. Ruger PC Carbine Magpul Stock, 17 & 33 Round Glock magazines
Sightmark Wraith Digital Day / Night Vision Scope My Full Size Springfield Armory XDM 9mm backs up my rifle with its 19 Round Magazine one in the chamber that's 20 Rounds of firepower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had a Ruger since it first came out on the market in 1965. And I have owned many more since then. I recommend the Sightmark Wraith Digital Day / Nightvision scope. I do not use subsonic ammo, I use the.22LR CCI Velocitor 40 Grain Copper Plated Hollow Point at 1435 FPS, I have found it to be the Fastest most accurate 40 grain Hollow Point on the market. AGILIA makes one that is advertised a few fps faster but I found it to be inaccurate and its velocity was overstated did not even come close to the CCI Velocitors 1435 FPS. With the suppressor, the report of the rifle would be minimal and you could not determine the direction it came from making the game stand still for another shot you would hear the round going down range only Perfect cartridge on Hog at 50 -75 Yards and Coyotes out to 150 Yards. Then in Low Light and Darkness, you have night vision. Also, the Wraith has the ability of a one-shot zero These scopes cost between 450.00 -500.00 Dollars I have one on a Ruger 10/22 Rifle, ONE on a Ruger PC 9 9mm Carbine Rifle, One on an AR-15 Rifle. These scopes allow you to mount and zero on several different rifles you only need to mark the mounting pic rail of where it was mounted and return it to the exact spot and your rifle will still hold its zero and accuracy.The recoil allows for a video recorder to record your shots.

TEST IS THE .22LR CCI VELOCITY IS PROOF OF ADVERTISED VELOCITY BEING CORRECT (SEE VIDEO )

View attachment 13287

My Ruger 10/22 sports a FAB Defense Tactical Stock Piller Bedded Receiver, Ruger BX Target Trigger, Free Floated ER Shaw 20" Target crowned Factory Taper Barrel 1:16 Twist, SightMark Wraith Digital Day / Night Vision Scope. I use this rifle primarily on Feral Hogs and coyotes from 50 to 75 Yards I've killed 300 & 400-pound Hogs over Bait from high atop a 25' Ladder stand with a single shot placed to the Hogs Head. I am a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator who specializes in the Eradication of Feral Hog & Coyotes in the State of SC.

This is the PC 9 9MM Carbine that's suppressor-ready I also use this.

View attachment 13288
While not as precision accurate as the .22 LR it delivers a fast (over 1600 fps) Hard-Hitting Heavier bullet out to 275 yards without a problem.
I use the 9mm 65 grain ARX Bullet with great efficacy in this 9mm carbine rifle. Ruger PC Carbine Magpul Stock, 17 & 33 Round Glock magazines
Sightmark Wraith Digital Day / Night Vision Scope My Full Size Springfield Armory XDM 9mm backs up my rifle with its 19 Round Magazine one in the chamber that's 20 Rounds of firepower.

Break

The night vision aspect is scary good. I'm curious. There's an IR illuminiator on that scope. It is a necessary accessory for the scope to operate?

Down the line I plan on getting into Gen4+. But my setup will be for my AR. It'll most likely be something like the PVS, paired with PEQ clone. I think the real lazer is not for sale to civilians.

I grew up in an urban area, and I have an obsession with urban warfare rifle setups. I do know night vision is godly against enemies who do not have it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts