1 happy switch-equipped AR + 4x30-rd mags

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by DParker, Dec 16, 2018.

1. DParker

DParker Active Member

= 1 big dopey grin on my face (said grin not shown, you'll just have to take my word for it).

It was more difficult to control than I anticipated, and I now see why 3-round burst makes more sense than full-auto in an infantry rifle, even with so light a round as .223/5.56. I've fired an Uzi before and it was ridiculously easy to control by comparison.

Still, a load of fun.

rugertoter likes this.
  2. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Very cool! I was in the Marines when we were transitioning from the M16A1, to the A2, and can remember the odd feeling of the three-round burst. I guess because I learned on the A1, I still preferred that full-auto burst...the A2 was a much beefier and tougher rifle though.

Liked your video! Do you have a Class III licence? Bet that was a pricey rifle!

DParker likes this.

3. DParker

DParker Active Member

Nope, no class III here. It was a rifle that the range rents out. But it was a slow day, and since my son and I were already paying for a private lane they offered to let us shoot it just for the price of the ammo...which was outrageous as it was, but my son had never fired anything full-auto before, so I splurged.

rugertoter likes this.
  4. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Ha Ha! Yeah, that's some fun right there! Last time I shot a select fire, the government was buying the ammo. :p