1.3 Billion $$ in Medicare fraud indictments

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by buster40c, Jul 25, 2017.

1. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Seems Jeff Sessions along with other government fraud divisions have busted at least 412 individuals for Medicare, Medicaid and other government health agencies to the amount of 1.3 billion dollars and this is just so far in the ongoing investigations.
    It's about time these fraud divisions earned their pay. Read about it below and indictments are even listed. Is it any wonder why health care costs in our country are so high?
    https://www.justice.gov/opa/documen...l-health-care-fraud-takedown-press-conference

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm not surprised at all.

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I read through some of the cases but I am wondering how many will be pleaded down and how many will be fined, suspended and/or how the monies that were absconded will be recovered? $1.3 billion is a lot of money but in reality, for those who lived in the D.C. area, this is just a spit in the ocean. It reminds me of the money spent on the shrimp that was running on the treadmill that they spent a chitpot load of money just to study. That is a lot more than just pork barrel politics. I hope this is just a start in draining the swamp - or how about draining the cesspool?

Tommy