Who hasn't joined the NRA??

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by OLDBRASS, Jan 21, 2013.

1. OLDBRASS

OLDBRASS New Member

I relize lots of us just want to shoot and not be bothered with politics, My brothers & sisters this is the time to get involved..If you haven`t done so I ask you to please join, I know there not perfect but its worth supporting..
    For the price of a case of beer you can do it...

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Life Member since 1977...

[​IMG]

3. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

Proud to say I too support the NRA as a life member. I'm sure the government already has me on a list somewhere because of it.

4. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

Proud supporter of the NRA !!

5. JimA

JimA New Member

Me too!!! We all should be members instead of thinking of petty peeves we have with some stance the NRA had on something. If only 1/4 of the gun owners were members, no anti gun legislation would ever pass. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  6. Dreamthief

Dreamthief GP100 Gunslinger

Unfortunately I'm not a life member, but I'm an annual member.

7. sls4ak

sls4ak New Member

I have not and will not join the idiots in the NRA! I am an avid hunter and sports shooting enthusiast and was once a member until they made it impossible to voice dissent to the most radical of 2nd amendment views. The radicals that run the NRA leave me cold. The universal support of the Republican Party and the extreme views that there is no limit to firepower that each and every civilian should have is ridiculous. So No I am not a member.

8. Dreamthief

So tell us how you really feel...

:D

9. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

I wasn't a member of the NRA for years ( I am now) because of the opposite. I always felt they compromised too much, and its my personal opinion that the 2nd ammendment allows for no infringement and no regulation of any sort.

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My 2 cents...

Ya know what they say about opinions...everyone is entitled to theirs !!

But after they take the 30 round magazines...then the 20 rounders, and then the 10, and 5...

they will come after your bolt action...all because you didn't stand with the most powerful lobby in DC

The one that everyone who likes their cushy political job fears...

The one that pumped more $$ ( 20 million...look it up !! ) into protecting our rights...way more than all the ANTI-gun lobbists combined...

WE are the NRA !!

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." Ben Franklin 1776

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  11. Dreamthief

Yessir. That sums it up pretty well.

12. Samblam

Samblam New Member

I'm a annual member because I can't afford to pony up for the lifetime membership but one day when finances allow I will up it to life!

13. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

Just did my lifetime.

14. turkeyoak

turkeyoak New Member

who hasn`t joined the NRA ??

I can't buy ammo (still empty) so I joined the NRA, Gun Owners of America, Georgia Gun Owners, Georgia Carry, and maybe one or two I've forgotten with my ammo money. I think I sent my money twice to one of them.

15. sls4ak

sls4ak New Member

LAWS Rocket

I am sure we will all feel safer when you get your anti-aircraft battery.

As for me; one shot, one kill! I have no use for the "marksman" who needs 30 rds.

The total lack of understanding and balance puts the NRA out of touch with practical shooters.

I do oppose banning guns for cosmetic reasons but would cheerfully watch all high capacity mags go the way of the tommy gun and the heavy BAR.

Until the .30 carbine the US army had no need for such high volume magazines because Real Americans could shoot.

What I see at the range today is pitiful. People who spend too much time gathering guns and not enough time using them.

(Stepping off my soapbox and slowly backing away...)

16. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

17. RRoss

RRoss New Member

I just joined the NRA last year. I felt that it was my duty to support those that support my rights. I think anyone who doesn't is foolish. You don't need to agree with every stance that they take but as was said before, the liberals are slowly chipping away at our rights and they are the biggest obstical in the way of our rights being taken as well as our guns, and if you can't see that then you are either blind or ignorant.
    If you haven't joined the NRA and you truely do enjoy shooting (any type of gun for any reason) you should join.

18. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Who needs 30 rds ?
    Well here's just one instance and there are more.
    Not everyone is an expert shot.

In a widely reported incident, an ex-convict broke into a home in Georgia, when a woman defended herself and 9 year-old twins with a .38 revolver. She emptied all 6 rounds, striking the intruder 5 times. The intruder managed to flee and was caught by police twenty minutes later, about a mile away from the home, after he crashed his stolen car. That was one intruder, shot five times, with a weapon favored by police until about 1980. Statistically, police marksmanship is not nearly this good, at about 23% nationwide and 17% in New York City.
    What if there had been two or more intruders? What if one had been armed? Six bullets, ten or thirty might not be enough to protect you or your loved ones. Unlike on television and video games, bad guys don't fall down the instant they are hit. It takes 5-9 hits from a 9 mm pistol to stop a determined assailant, and based on wartime experience, the same from a .223 rifle like the dreaded "assault weapon" used in Newtown, Connecticut. Even though one bullet can kill, it won't necessarily stop an assailant before you are hurt or killed yourself. Do the math! Three assailants, 27 rounds, and you have three to spare if you're lucky.

JOIN THE NRA
    THEY PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS

19. mn4wheeler

mn4wheeler New Member

I just joined the NRA last week for the 1st time. Finances are tight, so I signed up for an annual membership. I really wish I could have done the lifetime membership. Like the NRA or not, they are on our side and need all the help they can get.

20. Seenya

Seenya Once a Marine...

Life member here.

As for not "needing" a 30 round magazine, well, nobody needs a Porsche or a Corvette, either. It's not about "needing". It's about a God-given, constitutionally affirmed right.