The 10/22 group

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by Blkhawk73, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Just a few of the 10/22's that reside here:

M1 carbine build I did for my son for Christmas a few yrs ago. I'd found a bolt in my father-in-laws belongings and knew what it was destined for. He was a BIG fan of the M1 carbine so having his bolt as the heart of a clone for his grandson was perfect.
    [​IMG]

My son's first solo build. He made all the decisions on stock, barrel...everything. Even did most of the trigger job himself. Recently finished it with a Burris Fastfire.
    [​IMG]

Black/Green - might change the barrel out with one that better matches the stock.
    [​IMG]

A father/son set I built up using identical Talo French walnut stocks and GM barrels:
    [​IMG]

Aqua/silver - the first one my son helped with and where he first got his hands dirty:
    [​IMG]

Black/orange - a special 20-unit run stock by Revolution and a 'let's try it" Whistle Pig barrel. It now wears a Burris, not the Simmons pictured:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wanted to make the term "Race Rifle" have more meaning. Built as a .17HM2 conversion with the Dewalt color scheme and # working perfectly. has since received a new Burris:
    [​IMG]

Black/Red - one of the first I did and still a favorite. Whistle Pig, Jard and Burris make for fantastic performance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Then there's the magazines. Each colored build gets color cooridinated magazines.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

great collection you have there, did you do the paint yourself? What type of paint did you use on the barrels?

4. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

No painting involved at all. The colored ones are all Whistle Pig brand ones anodized per my color/pattern request.
    More without pics and more to come.

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

cool, I was not familiar with pig whistle. They make a great looking product.

I really like the m1 carbine too. I have a marlin model 99 M1 clone that was my dad's squirel gun when he was younger.

6. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Whistle Pig. ;)

Have one of the 99M1's myself although it's lacking the rear sight assembly. :(

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

doh! Whistle pig :eek:

My 99M1 has no rear either, just a scope :cool:

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      51.1 KB
      Views:
  8. MikeInVegas

MikeInVegas New Member

Blkhawk73, those look awesome! Love the color-coordinated mags, too.

9. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Active Member

Great bunch of rifles. Ya put alot of work into them.

10. Heater

Heater New Member

Okay, after looking at all those, I'm starting to think I need a gussied-up bull-barreled 10/22 to go with the 3 I have. My all-weather and TD models are stock other than a red-dot on the all-weather. The only one I've really changed up is my wife's, which now has a ghilley-brown Hogue stock, a Ruger bi-pod, and a Nikon scope. It looks nice, but nothing like your crew, Blkhawk.

11. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Thanx folks. :)

@ Hunter - "gussied up" is fine but for me it's gotta shoot too not just have the looks alone. These are just some of the 15 complete ones here. Still 3 receivers here to finish and probably one or two more after those. Each has gotta have it's own style or "theme". It's never just casually picking a cheap stock or whatever bbl is on sale. It's all gotta work together.
    Warning, doing 1 easily leads to more. ;)

12. Heater

Heater New Member

I like your "theme" approach -- and the "shooting well" was something I just took as a given. Thanks for the inspiration.

13. Bigred45lc

Bigred45lc New Member

Where do you find "clear " colored mags

14. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

In my kitchen. ;) Buy clear, make 'em the colors. :)

15. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Can you tell us how you do that? That's pretty cool :)