tax breaks as long as you give up your guns

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by wheelieryder, Jan 27, 2013.

1. wheelieryder

wheelieryder New Member

I was made aware of a law that was submitted to the House ways and Means committee

House resolution 226 would allow for the IRS to "offer" tax breaks for the "voluntary" turning in of firearms

check out the proposal here:

HR226

2. 45b

45b New Member

Try and take them away

To the little men who would try and take them away, I say come ahead, for today is the day one of us will remember for the rest of his life, however short it may be.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

ridiculous

If it passes I might just go buy a hipoint carbine and turn it in for a $2000 tax break on a $400 gun

4. wheelieryder

wheelieryder New Member

I like that idea, but as everything a liberal thinks up.. This bill is perhaps not very well thought out

5. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

I don't see this making much of a difference. Unless crime goes up due to people stealing guns thinking they can turn them in for a tax credit.

6. LCR

LCR New Member

Some more dumb ass ways to spend our much needed money else where, it won't make a bit of difference! All though I like the thought of the $2,000.00 tax brake for a POS cheap gun like my Jennings 22.

7. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

Hahahaha....give up my guns. Thats funny:rolleyes: