SR40C problems

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by jimmyp, Aug 21, 2013.

1. jimmyp

jimmyp New Member

After about 200 rounds without a hiccup, my wonderful gun decided it wants to light strike. After a thorough cleaning and trip to the gunsmith, still doing it. I pulled the magazine disconnect and now she runs like a dream again. Anyone else have this issue with SR series?

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

2. LCR-lover

LCR-lover New Member

Frame replaced

Last year mine developed the same problem. Sent it back to the factory and they replaced the frame on it. No problems since then.

3. 00b5

00b5 New Member

Knock on wood, no problems with mine.

4. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member

Mine jams when loading the last shell of the magazine,other than that all is well.

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

So far no problems with mine.....running smooth....

6. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

No problems with mine. put over 800 rounds through it, then added the Galloway heavy striker spring to it. Have close to 400 through it since without any issues.

7. Cutlass327

Cutlass327 New Member

Looked at the posting date of your post.. 12/31/1969????

8. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Must have been a database issue when the page loaded, shows as aug 23, 2013 for me

9. Cutlass327

Cutlass327 New Member

Yeah, its correct now...

10. chsparkman

chsparkman New Member

I had the same problem with mine. I assumed it was a problem with the Tula primers I was using. Now I have doubts. I just ordered a new striker spring thanks to you guys.

11. Range

Range New Member

I bought an SR9c when they first became available. The gun has been perfect and was a great carry gun, until my wife decided it was her favorite gun to shoot and it became her's. I've been thinking of getting an SR40c for me and therefore am very interested in the comments about light strikes, never a problem with my SR9c. Sounds like an easy fix though. To the OP, glad your guns running well!

12. firefox

firefox New Member

2000+ round through my SR40 problem free, however a friend had his mag release break and had to send back to Ruger for warranty work. Everything is fixed now on his and it is working great.

13. chsparkman

chsparkman New Member

Installed new striker springs on my sr9c and sr40c this afternoon. Can't wait to get to the range!

Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum