SR1911 Cosmetics

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by KMO, Feb 2, 2013.

1. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

I believe I was one of the first lucky guys to find an SR1911 for sale here in Arizona. I liked it from the beginning, but I didn't care much for the bead-blast stainless finish on the whole pistol. We use KG Gun Kote weekly in the production of our products, so I just couldn't resist trying out KG's new desert tan finish, along with the flat black we use regularly. I have one friend giving me grief about the two-tone look, but I like it (Hey, it's my pistol, right?). Dare I suggest...it's the way Ruger should have made the SR1911 from the start? :cool:

[​IMG]

2. handgun2

handgun2 New Member

Beautiful gun! Want bad!

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Not bad at all !!

4. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

Thanks guys...

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Looks great.........

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz In the army now..

Very nice! how bout a range report.

7. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

Well, I have no targets to post, but this pistol has always been a solid performer. It has also worked great with Chip McCormick mags, which I appreciated since my Sig Scorpion is so picky about magazines. I haven't even fired the SR1911 since this face lift, but I don't expect any differences. It's a workhorse. ;)

8. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

One fine looking gun. Where did you get the grips?

9. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

Those are Hogue Palm Swell grips. I believe I ordered them from MidwayUSA. I inlaid the Ruger medallions. They used to found everywhere, but I don't see the medallions as much as I used to.

10. Neetan

Neetan New Member

Review please

Dear KMO

I am thinking about the SR1911.
    Could you please give me a review on all the good`s and BAD`s?
    Love to know your thoughts. I am new to this and have a chance to buy one at a decent price. Why did you not go for a 9mm or a 40 cal?
    Should I be reloading with this gun?

Sorry for my rant.
    Just information hungry.

Thanks,

Neetan :confused::rolleyes::eek::D

11. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

If the SR1911 was a collector piece, I wouldn't have messed with the finish. It isn't. But, it is a solid 70-series 1911 pistol, manufactured by a very reputable company, and mine has been a steady performer. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a dependable 1911. It will also accept any 1911 magazine I have tried with it, which includes faithful lock-backs after the final round was fired. Don't hesitate to buy one if you're considering it...;)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  12. usmc66

usmc66 New Member

I personally prefer the SS finish on the factory guns, but that is what makes being a gun owner so nice. Everyone can choose what pleases them. I have had my SR1911 for 6 months and love it. Never a hiccup and very easy to shoot.

13. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

As long as the frame is desert tan, the grips may as well follow the same theme...

[​IMG]

14. handgun2

handgun2 New Member

very nice! would love to shoot one. gotta find a friend/someone who has one,, to compare to my Cz's.

thanks
    k

15. wbw2

wbw2 train-man

I love the desert tan look.
    Here is my dt para, for whatever reason para calls it coyote brown.

[​IMG]

16. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

Very nice, wbw2. I like those grips with that finish. Whatever they may call it, it sure looks very close to KG's desert tan finish...;)

17. boltaction

boltaction New Member

I love my SR1911, carry it all the time. You took a great looking gun and made it look even better. Congrats

18. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

Squirt, squirt, squirt!

19. seal12

seal12 New Member

Have one of the first SR1911s and your not getting a complaint from me. I shoot reloads as well as factory and this firearm handles all with ease.

KMO thats is one OUTSTANDING looking firearm !! Love the desert Tan look

20. KMO

KMO Northern Arizona

Thanks seal...I never would have done it to a more expensive 1911, but I like it on the Ruger...;)