Featured Ruger Warranty

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by 71magna, Feb 3, 2018.

1. 71magna

71magna New Member

What gives on Ruger warranty policy with rifles? Do they have one or not? I’m not buying a Weatherby or Savage because one has a weak two year warranty and the other thinks nothing will ever go wrong with theirs so they don’t need a warranty. Huh?
    I’m leaning toward Remington since they have a lifetime warranty. I want my first new rifle from USA and with a good warranty. Heck, my old Carcano probably still has a warranty! Lol just kidding...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2018
  2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

I the manual for every Ruger firearm is this:

"The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as “limited” or as “full” and sets minimum standards for a “full” warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either “limited” or “full”, rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger® firearms."

Soooo, like the one you mentioned above and seemingly dismissed, there's no warranty. Wouldn't have any issues buying wither the Weatherby or Savage myself. To expect the firearm to be forever flawless and without issue isn't being realistic. It's a mechanical device designed and assembled by humans. Haven't found one of those that's infallible yet. Take care of it as it should and it should last generations. With the issues Remington has had and how they addressed some of them...pass!

3. gesystem

gesystem New Member

Other folks will chime in for sure, but the reality is that Ruger will correct any manufacturing flaw or defect on any firearm for as long as you own it. They will typically pay shipping both ways. I’ve also heard of them basically repairing damaged firearms for no cost including shipping in most cases. They have, hands down, the best customer service response in the industry.

RFF likes this.
  4. 71magna

71magna New Member

Really? Ok thanks. I know a manufactured item won’t be perfect forever but I like factory support. I work in an industry that always plays tricks and pulls out loopholes on customers. I have just started getting into rifle shooting after 25 years of a myriad of handguns and have always loved the quality of Ruger and other high-quality companies. I got “screwed” on a Colt Python years ago when it went out off time and felt kind of bitten. I’ve got three bolt-actions but I’ve been wanting a new rifle for a long time now. And to Remington-I hear you but nothing beats their utility in the 870.

5. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 New Member

Call Ruger. If you have a problem, other than sticking the bbl in mud and clearing it with a bullet, I bet they will help. I called about the weak finish on the LC9 and they said they’d refinish it gratis! Told them thanks, but I was going to cold blue it since it’s a tool, and will get ugly again.

6. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

Every Ruger I've had a problem with , a 10/22 that was damaged by some overloaded Winchester Wildcat factory ammo and a MKI Target that I had shot for so many decades several parts were just worn out, I returned them to Ruger, they rebuilt the guns and returned at No Charge . Good enough warranty for me.
    Gary

RFF and Fireman22 like this.
  7. Fireman22

Fireman22 Member

I love reading about first hand testimonials regarding positive Ruger customer service. I have not had to send any of my Rugers back but it is great to know that if I do, I will be taken care of.

RFF likes this.
  8. Movinfr8

Movinfr8 New Member

They overbuild these guns so much, they probably love seeing something that we can manage to break!!