Ruger SR40C

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by curtysflhx, Jan 26, 2013.

1. curtysflhx

curtysflhx curtysruger

Just bought brand new SR40C today. Pick it up Wednesday. Can't wait to shoot it.

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Awesome....let us know what you think about it......

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

^ Wow....that is an awesome gun.... :)

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Looking forward to pics and a range report...!!

6. c01

c01 New Member

I'm also keeping my eye on this. That is sure a nice feeling handgun. I just need to do a bit more research then we'll see. Anyways, congrats on a nice looking pistola...

D

7. cjs1945

cjs1945 New Member

Congrats, they are a perfect pistol for home defense, range shooting and CC, except in really warm weather. When you clean it be sure to remove the striker and clean the striker channel as they sometimes have grease or metal shavings there that can result in light primer strikes. They are accurate, reliable and pleasant to shoot, you have made a good choice.

8. LCR-lover

LCR-lover New Member

Love my sr40c,I have had it for a year and half. After I got it my son and then my grandson got one. I also got one in 9mm. GREAT GUN!!

9. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler New Member

I've got an SR9c and after Ruger came out with the SR45, I'm at odds on which to get. I've already informed the banker (read "wife") that there are 2 in the lineup, and eventually, both will be at bat. Right now, I'd probably pay #$@# attempting to buy either, much less finding ammo for them. In OK right now, it's almost impossible to find anything besides shotgun rounds.

Keep 'em firing!

10. bnolsen

bnolsen New Member

I'm actually sort of interested in this pistol. I'm invested in 10mm, but have 40 barrels for most of them. But I'd prefer a more reliable carry pistol with a real safety (my glock scares me to death, just waiting for the day my shirt gets caught on the trigger while holstering it).

11. CBennett

CBennett New Member

I think you will really like it. I have the SR9c(i dont like the .40 round) and its a great gun the 40 should be just as good!

Now...if they ever come out with a SR45C I will get one!

12. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler New Member

Stop Waiting!

Ruger released the SR45 about a month ago. That's my next....or....next to next.:p:eek:

13. 00b5

00b5 Member

Just got my SR40c last Wednesday. Already love it! It does have a little more push than my SR9c. The salesperson told me that the 40 is a love/hate caliber. Insisted that I fire their SR40 (full size rental) before I bought the SR40c. 5 rounds later and I'm walking out the door with my new SR40c. I am finding that places that are out of 9mm will have 40 in stock.

14. curtysflhx

curtysflhx curtysruger

Haven't fired it yet. Can't wait to. 40 Cal kinda hard to find too.

15. RugerRon60

RugerRon60 New Member

Im my area any ammo is hard to find.

16. bnolsen

bnolsen New Member

Just go raid your local friendly DHS stash. They have a few extra hundred million rounds or so I'm sure they're willing to let you have.

17. RugerRon60

RugerRon60 New Member

Ha! True but they do get upset when you leave!

18. curtysflhx

curtysflhx curtysruger

Put 125 rounds through my new Sr40C yesterday, the gun performed awesome. Shooting the same hole 2 or 3 times in a row right out of box. No light strikes no misdeeds. Gun felt good in my hand. The Winchester white box shot best. Fell in love with this gun. Money well spent.

19. dhrandy

dhrandy New Member

Glad to see you like it. I'm looking at that one, the SR9c, and the LRC 38 special.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

20. warrior1

warrior1 New Member

Great handgun...I carry mine often. Shoots very well.