Ruger 10 22 likes.

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by shoremnj, Jan 23, 2013.

1. shoremnj

shoremnj New Member

I have the Ruger 10 22 for over a year now and it is just a great rifle to shoot. I have taken some friends and fAMILY TO THE RANGE AND START THEM OFF ON THE 10 22. eVERYONE LOVES IT. iT IS EASY TO OPERATE AND NEVER have a problem with jamming. You can use any 22LR ammo in it. I just ordered a Tapco black stock for it. Can't wait to switch it out.:)

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Welcome to Ruger Talk.

I have a tapco on mine and absolutely love it.

3. Glockhead

Glockhead New Member

i bought my 10/22 in 1986 and it looks and fires like the day it was new. bircks and bricks of ammo down range. great carbine!

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Welcome to Ruger Talk Glockhead

5. Seenya

Seenya Once a Marine...

I also have a Tapco stock on mine. I mainly have it for the collapsible stock. Both my son and I can shoot it and have it fit correctly.

6. jmohme

jmohme Member

10/22 is really a great platform. I had one years ago with a Ramline folding stock and some 30 round mags. I wish I still had it.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I would have to say the 10/22 is one of, if not my most favorite platforms. They ease of modification, aftermarket and longevity of the firearm makes it a terrific project firearm.

8. Flipflop

Flipflop New Member

I have one of the factory Rinehart Fagen thumb hole stocks, its a thing of beauty. At the time I bought it RF was going out of business and this was suppose to be their last run, but I think the company was revived. I will have to check on that. This model 10/22 came with a hammer forged blued stainless barrel. It was a real tack driver right out of the box.

It looks like you can still buy the a kit with the barrel and the stock minus the Ruger Laser engraving.
    http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/fajen/catalog.asp?product=ruger-10/22-wood-stock-barrel-combo-coffee

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. DJ1300

DJ1300 New Member

I have been looking at the 10/22 for awhile now. I finally bought one a month ago, I got the tacical one (I think its the infusion tapco stock). I've only had time to shoot maybe 40 or so rounds through it so for, my weekends have been busy. I was planning to buy a couple boxes of value packs a month for the past year and didn't do it. Now the stores shelf are empty. Also the Ruger 25 round clips, waited to long for that item also.
    Anyway I enjoy the rifles looks and how accurate it is. Cheap to shoot.
    Later on I'll add a bi pod, flashlight, and maybe a small inexpensiveness scope to the rails.
    For under $300 I'm thinking about getting another one.

10. Flipflop

Flipflop New Member

Here is the stock I was talking about in my previous post, I think it is a great target stock.

[​IMG]

The stock is laminated wood which is a nice stable material, easy on the eyes and probably less expensive then solid hard would. The Ruger name is laser engraved. I think I paid about $300 for this in the early 1990s.

The barrel is free floating, hammer forged and ghost blued. If you look closely at the barrel you can see the marks from the rotary forging hammers, that was the detail that really drove it home for me. The whole barrel is covered in a spiral diamond pattern. The crown is also recessed.

I am pretty sure I saw one of these for sale new not that long ago in a retail store, so I am guessing Ruger still makes them at least occasionally. I think they sell for about $450 now.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  11. jmartin

jmartin New Member

I bought the 10/22 TD model back in December. Registered online with Ruger and was given a discount of 20% (up to $20) on my first purchase from ShopRuger.com. I ordered 4 BX-25 mags (even though they were then on 'backorder'). Received them TODAY! - So, they took about a month -- but I did get them for about $30 each (with tax, with shipping, with discount).

My only regret was that I didn't order the (backordered) mags as soon as I could - I think I waited about a week...by then they had gone up even on ShopRuger to $31.95 each.

12. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

I had a nice SS 10/22 with the Ruger soft case and four of the 10rd box magazines.I gave it to my son on his 18th birthday.The heroine dope man got it a year later for trade.I just got my son back home from Portsmouth Ohio and got him in treatment.Paul Kersey needs to visit the dope dealers.

13. CmdrCody

CmdrCody New Member

I still have my 10/22 with Ram-Line stock. It's around thirty years old now. My new 10/22 has the ATI folding stock. Not sure what states the stock is legal in. Cabelas in Dundee only has the non folding version at this time. I just ordered one of the new Ruger 10/22 LaserMax barrel band lasers for it. It replaces the barrel band and adds six and nine o'clock picatinny rails.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  14. Vicar

Vicar Grew up on Ruger Standard

Like tastes

Almost to pretty to shoot...but, I said, 'almost'.

I got this in Denver three years ago.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  15. grdad45

grdad45 New Member

Bought my first 10/22 new in 1976 (200th Year), and still have it. Literally thousands of rounds through it. The only part I have ever had to replace was the ejector. I currently have 4 10/22's, from tacticool to International. All of them are fed a steady diet of CCI Minimags, and so far, no complaints.:D

16. Popeye

Popeye New Member

I bought my plain 10/22 Carbine about two years ago, and other than putting a red dot scope on it, it's perfectly stock. Best darn $215 I ever spent on a rifle. It operates flawlessly, and eats everything. It's accuracy is good enough for what I need it for. It's no wonder Ruger has sold a million + of these rifles, and many have been passed down from one generation to another. There great little rifles. There MKIII 22/45 aren't to shabby either, and between the two a great way to spend a few hours at the range.:D

17. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

My 10/22 is one of my favorite guns. Me and my two boys really burn through the ammo with those BX25 mags. It's so accurate and so fun.

18. Vicar

Vicar Grew up on Ruger Standard

My first 10/22 was in the sixties. As I got older, shooting other brands and calibers, the balance of the little carbine was truly missed.

Today, I also have a Ruger ranch rifle with the same 'feel' and balance. I shoot it with a little red dot scope or with the stock rear peep and front blade sight.