Post Your Speed Six.

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by RedSoxRugers, Jan 26, 2013.

1. RedSoxRugers

RedSoxRugers New Member

Here is my old Speed Six with a Galco paddle holster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My friend who bought it from me loves it!
    [​IMG]
    I'll be using a Speed Paddle for my Wiley Clapp GP-100 but in black.

[​IMG]

2. BLKRIFLE

BLKRIFLE Retired Postal and Air Force and avid reloader

My Speed Six

[​IMG]
    My Speed Six in 9mm and uses half-moon clips, made in 1982.
    Bill

3. 69murray

69murray New Member

[​IMG]
    r2012-11-09_11-07-09_797 by 69murray, on Flickr

An old .38 special Speed Six I bought a couple years ago. It was formerly owned by a Security company and was not well cared for. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot when I decided to refinish it (rust blued).

4. Mash1956

Mash1956 New Member

man that looks nice

5. TJB63

TJB63 New Member

Nice Looking Guns -- Anybody have any idea what the difference is between a "Speed Six" and a "Police Service Six" -- I have a 4" Stainless Police Service Six in .357 Caliber, But looking at these pics, I don't see much difference between the two.

TJB

6. 69murray

69murray New Member

The difference between a "Service" and a "Speed", as far as I know, is the shape of the butt. The Speed Sixes have a round butt, while the Service Sixes (the Securities, too) have a square but.

Now, the "Police" part, I'm not sure about - I've been curious about that myself. They do seem to command higher prices than the normal Service Sixes, though, so there must be something else special about them.

7. TJB63

TJB63 New Member

Now that you mention it, that seems to be the difference, As far as I know in my limited research, The "Police" models only had Fixed sights whereas the others seem to have adjustable rear sights, The one I have has been one of my Favorites, I'm more of an Autoloader kind of guy, But as far as Revolvers go, The Police Srvice Six just feels Great in my hand, I also have a S&W 586 that is Nice, But I personally feel the Ruger is the better of the two.

TJB

8. bvd1

bvd1 New Member

4" heavy barrel, .38 spl.

[​IMG]

9. bvd1

bvd1 New Member

69murray, nice speed six and good picture. I'm currently looking for a 4" blued speed six.

10. 69murray

69murray New Member

Thanks! Like you, I'm also looking for a fraternal twin for mine. A fine looking Stainless one like yours would be a perfect match.

11. buster40c

buster40c Active Member

Are these made or available in .32 cal?

12. nevis

nevis New Member

1st

My 1st handgun was a Speed-6.....sure miss it! Wish I had it back. My buddy that bought it says he won't sell.

13. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Here is my Speed-6....."Cowboy" gun......44 mag Super Blackhawk....Well I guess its just a six shooter then...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  14. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Awesome ... Very nice