Lcr's

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Blaze, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]Just wanted to share a few of my LCR's I think these are great little everyday carries, light weight and the LCR22 is just amazing little plinker , I would recommend the .22 to everyone from someone new to gun to 80 year old ladies .. Just super fun..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome Blaze. Good to see you here!

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Didn't realize you had so many revolvers Blaze...

4. Blaze

Thanks guys... I love my Ruger wheel guns.. They was my first passion when I got into guns...

5. RRoss

RRoss New Member

Nice wheel gun Blaze. I love the .22. it's so fun just plinking and it keeps it cheap to shoot.

6. Blaze

Yes I love it ... I think anyone getting into guns the first time should try the LCR 22 out its easy and fun

7. jmohme

jmohme Member

Very nice!
    Some really good photography too.

8. adjohns3

adjohns3 adjohns3

I like that "cheap" to shoot part.
    You have some beauties.
    My bride has a LCR (.38 spec) with CT's and LOVES it. She does a nice job and shoots a tight pattern with it...would hate to have her shooting seriously at me!

9. Chort1

Chort1 New Member

Have not tried the 22 but do like my 38 with the CT grips. Wish they made the original grips with the laser. I like the feel and heft of them better.
    My first Ruger wheel gun was a pair of Bearcats back in the 60's. Wish I still had them. Had a 22 /22mag for quite a few years.

10. adjohns3

adjohns3 adjohns3

Given the price of ammo, not sure any is much CHEAP to shoot...but some is less expensive for sure.

11. phideaux

phideaux Active Member

My wifes EDC is the LCR in.38, she loves it, and easy to carry.

I have shot it some myself,and am so impressed with its accuracy,
    I gotta say its the most accurate snubby I ever shot.
    Lots of my friends have shot it and cant believe the accuracy.

I want that .22 LCR. Just because.

Jim

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  12. curman4

curman4 New Member

great pair, I have both the 38 and the 22

13. oldhunter

oldhunter New Member

I am curious to know what you used to fill in the LCR etc. on the side of the gun. The white sure does make it stand out.

14. LCR-lover

LCR-lover New Member

Love them LCR's. When they first came out I saw a picture of one and liked it right away and said I gotta have one. After I got it I liked it so well that I got another one.Then recentally I got one in .22. Love all three of them!!

15. Chort1

Chort1 New Member

I also white the letters on my Ruger. Looks nice. I use a lacquer stick I bought 20 years ago. Just rub it on and then rub off the excess. I have dressed up quite a few guns over the years with this stick. Can't believe how long this thing has lasted.

16. mag318

mag318 New Member

The LCR22 is a great little revolver, I'm glad Ruger finally brought it out in 22 Magnum making it even better.

Attached Files:

17. mag318

mag318 New Member

Did a bullet expansion test this afternoon with 2 short barrel 22 Magnum loads out of my LCR 22 Mag.
    1. Winchester PDX1 40 grn was a very accurate load even out to 25 yards and shot to the POA. Shot into 1 gallon water jugs it penetrated into the 3'rd and expanded nicely. The PDX1 consistently expanded out of the 2" barreled LCR.
    2. Hornady Critical Defense 45 grn FTX was also very accurate but didn't expand as well or consistently as the Winchester PDX1.
    Next time out I'll try some Speer Gold Dots which work well out of my 5.5" Single Six. But in this side by side comparison the PDX1 was the better load of the two out of a 2" barrel.

Attached Files:

18. Blaze

I find myself really loving shooting the .22 LCR got my girl one so when she gets to started we can go shooting.. Ordered a pink grip from Ruger store to add in hers.

19. SmokingGun

SmokingGun New Member

Purchased my first LCR last week (.22WMR). Can't wait to be "Not Disapproved" by the Maryland State Police.........like 70 days from now :-(