Lcr .22

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by oldhunter, Feb 12, 2013.

1. oldhunter

oldhunter New Member

I just bought over the weekend a new LCR in .22 LR and had a chance on Monday to take it to the range. Only took a couple types of ammo as time was limited but mainly wanted to get used to trigger to see how this fired. Was pleased with accuracy at distances of 20-50 feet and quickly discovered that with both types of ammo that I had to hold at bottom of bull to keep shots in black. Rapid fire was not so good as I was still getting used to trigger. When. I have more time I will take several types of ammo and sample a few more brands. I like this revolver a lot and expect a lot of use for various roles.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Ruger Talk Forum oldhunter !!

3. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

Welcome from the Heart of Dixie! What do you think about the trigger?

4. oldhunter

oldhunter New Member

Trigger a bit stiffer than LCR 38 I tried before but perhaps that is by design as a rimfire possibly Ruger tries to have an harder impact on the cartridge to eliminate FTF. We will see after a couple of bricks have been shot in this gun. Oldhunter

5. phideaux

phideaux Active Member

Congrats on the LCR.

I have it in .38, and its got one of the best triggers of anyrevolver ,outta the box.IMO.

I tried a LCR in.22 ,and the trigger is heavier, but not as heavy as most .22 revolvers.
    Like you said,harder impact needed for rimfire, therefore heavy hammer springs

Id be interested, if the trigger gets lighter after some serious shooting.

Nice gun you got.

Jim

6. Heater

Heater New Member

Thanks for the report, as I have been interested in the LCRs in both .22 and .38. I have the new SP101 in .22 and need some more range time before commenting on its trigger pull.

7. mag318

mag318 New Member

I've owned 3 LCRs and have to say thet my latest in 22 Magnum is now my favorite. This is my 1'st post here by the way, and I look forward to many more.

Attached Files: