LC9 mag problems

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by spikedriver, Feb 7, 2013.

1. spikedriver

spikedriver Member

My LC9 will occasionally drop the mag while I'm shooting. The gun does not jam, I can just tap the mag with my support hand and resume shooting. Anyone else have a problem like this? It only happens with the mag that has the pinky extension on it. Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. MikeInVegas

MikeInVegas New Member

Any chance your thumb could be hitting the mag release as you shoot?

3. weblance

weblance New Member

Mine did that when I had the pinky extension on the mags. I went back to the flat floor plate and have over 800 rounds since with no trouble. I think that pressure from my grip, and recoil, ratchet the mag away from the mag catch.

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Member

I suppose I could be contacting the mag release under recoil. Maybe I will just have to put the flat floorplate on that mag. Thanks for the replies!

5. xsrtthisx

xsrtthisx New Member

I use the pinky extension on my mag and have never had this problem. I know the mag release is pretty sensitive, but I have never had the mag drop while shooting or carrying.

6. ctjaeger

ctjaeger New Member

There has been many reports of this problem. I just sent my LC9 in for repair and they also switched out the mag release spring. I think they have a stronger spring they are putting in as mine needs a little more force to release now.