Featured Latest mods for my 10/22

Discussion in 'Ruger 10/22' started by MDS, Dec 24, 2017.

1. MDS

MDS New Member

I've owned this rifle for about five years now. It's gone through slight transformations here and there. I started with an auto bolt release and a polymer recoil buffer, then mounted a scope on it to intro myself to Small Bore Steel Silhouette before building a KIDD rifle for that purpose.
    7.jpg 8.jpg

Now it's mainly used for plinking and for the instruction of new marksmen. It's wearing Tech Sights, a Volquartsen trigger, Rimfire Technologies helical fluted mag release, Power Customs Extended charging handle and added a small pic rail at 6 o'clock out in front IOT mount a bipod.
    10.JPG 11.JPG

I Free floated the barrel and filed away the nasty looking "step" where the barrel band used to slide onto. Bushnell TR-25, Blackhawk cheek pad, and did a little grip job before painting it OD green real quick.
    12.JPG

Attached Files:

• 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      91.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      105.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.JPG
      10.JPG
      File size:
      959.2 KB
      Views:
    • 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      1,022.9 KB
      Views:
  2. paulruger

paulruger Member

Recoil buffer..........was the recoil really that bad?

RFF likes this.

3. MDS

MDS New Member

No, the recoil wasn't bad at all. But I prefer a quieter cycle of operations, so replacing the original metal buffer with a polymer one just seemed like the right thing to do.
    I didn't think to clear it through the Director of 10/22 Sarcasm before applying that simple little mod.

paulruger likes this.