First time I've been first, NICE!

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by claudester, Jan 21, 2013.

1. claudester

claudester Junior What!

I have several bolt action rifles but last week I bought one that I've been looking at for over a year. Got a Ruger Model 77/357 and is she beautiful.
    Let me say it again, SHE is beautiful. Can't wait to shoot her but have to wait. It's -4 degrees out right now so no-way.

2. Dreamthief

Dreamthief GP100 Gunslinger

You should post pics since you don't want to go out and shoot her :)

3. JimA

JimA New Member

Come on Claudester post a pic so we can drool! I've had my eye on a 77-44 for some time...

4. claudester

claudester Junior What!

I'll try to do pics tomorrow.

5. claudester

claudester Junior What!

Here's a couple of pics of the 77/357 I just got.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. randym03

randym03 New Member

Nice looking rifle. I have the 77/44 and love it. Took two deer with it last year. Small Buck at 40 yard and a large doe at 125 yards. I am getting 2 inch groups with factory ammo at 100 yards. I cant wait to work up a load for it to see its true potential. I have seen reviews that say these are not good shooters. From my experience I don't think it is the gun.

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

8. JimA

JimA New Member

That's very nice. I want one!
    I hope we get to use pistol caliber rifles for deer in the future. It's been in the works for awhile here in southern Michigan.

9. randym03

randym03 New Member

The addition of the pistol cartridge has worked out great in Indiana. I do wish they would go ahead and allow the use of the good old 30-30.

10. Travis

Travis New Member

I just bought a 77/44. Haven't even shot it yet. I'm hoping Ohio votes to allow pistol caliber rifles next year!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

11. Travis

Travis New Member

Do you intend to scope it and if so, what power? I was thinking a 4x on my 44.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

12. claudester

claudester Junior What!

I bought a 1x4x32 Bushnell Banner with the cross-x. I'll shoot it both ways though.