Boker

Discussion in 'Knife and Blade' started by SHOOTER13, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

I collect mostly folders...and this is one of my favorites that I found while in Carmel by the Sea, California...when Clint Eastwood was the mayor of this quiet little artsy community. Went looking for him to get a picture, but he was on location with a movie so we never hooked up...

Anyway, this Boker AK74 is a spring assisted blade folder that comes with a presentation box that resembles a AK magazine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wingspar

wingspar New Member

I saw that blade reviewed at the SHOT show the other day, and for the price, I’m seriously considering it. Never had an assisted opener before and never heard of Boker knives. How is the quality of construction compared to a Spyderco or a Benchmade? How do you like it and how is it holding up?

3. Railbuggy

Railbuggy Oath Keeper

My Boker AK74 is painted black but the finish is comeing off.I payed 50$ for mine at a Gun & Knife show back in 07.I see them on the net selling in the low thirtys.When I leave the house,I take it or my P11 KelTec.:)

4. wingspar

wingspar New Member

They currently look like the one SHOOTER13 posted and sell for around $35. Seems like a good deal to me. Just wondering about quality as I know there are some excellent knives in that price range out there, but I’ve never heard of Boker before.

5. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Its no benchmade, or spyderco, but for the price they are about as good as it gets. mine is several years old, its a first production run, highly abused and looks like hell, but still works great. Looking for a pic I took awhile back for another forum

6. jrc

jrc New Member

Boker has been around a while I think. when I was a kid there was a Boker "Tree Brand" that we all loved as I recall.

7. wingspar

wingspar New Member

Mine arrived today. It’s #369 of 650 commemorating the 65th anniversary of Kalashnikovs AK-47

[​IMG]

8. wingspar

wingspar New Member

Boker 65th Kalashnikov AK 47 Anniversary Knife

New knife as of today. It is a limited edition knife, #368 of 650. Note the silhouette of an AK-47 on the knife. It is an Auto knife. Cost about $40. Could not pass it up. I’ll add a photo of it with my AK later.

It comes in this neat box shaped like an AK mag.

[​IMG]

Along with a card identifying the knife by the number which matches the number on the blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a deep pocket clip. The knife is noticeably heavier than my EDC Spyderco Delica, but disappears in my pocked as well as the Delica.

9. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

Boker 65th Kalashnikov AK 47 Anniversary Knife

Very nice, I like it !

10. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

11. Dynamik1

Dynamik1 New Member

Very nice!!! I have posted a couple reviews on http://www.edcknifereviews.com but I missed this one!!
    *** Note, the above site is my personal site and I do NOT sell knives, just post consumer reviews with links to purchase them ***

12. Dynamik1

Dynamik1 New Member

Very nice!! Where'd you pick that up?
    I posted a review of the Boker AK74 on my website http://www.edckifereviews.com but have not seen the AK47 - very sweet knife!!

13. Dynamik1

Dynamik1 New Member

Very nice looking knife!!
    Boker is a great manufacturer and has been making swords and knives since the 1800's. They're now primarily made in Colorado.

14. dutchs

I have become a knife nut. I saved your link...thanks. I have that Kershaw Cryo...great little knife.

15. wingspar

wingspar New Member

16. wingspar

wingspar New Member

A photo of the Boker AK47 knife against a Real AK for scale.

[​IMG]

17. dutchs

Got me a new neat little Boker Magnum. My first Boker and judging by the quality and the really nice flip open button it won't be my last. Sharp as hell right outta the box too!!!

0213131701.jpg

0213131701a.jpg

0213131703.jpg

18. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

19. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

20. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

The only other damascus blade I have is a "Bear" butterfly knife and I'm surprised there's no blood on the blade in this pic from all the times I've cut myself trying to be cool flipping it open.
    Finally it made it to the knife drawer and my safety.

[​IMG]