Act now Minnesotans!!!

Discussion in 'Second Amendment and Legal' started by SwedeJesus, Feb 2, 2013.

1. SwedeJesus

SwedeJesus New Member

House files 238,239,240,241,242,243,244 are in committee right now...Some of the proposed laws are a ban and registration on ANY firearm(pistols/rifles) that can accept a detachable magazine,any action(bolt/pump/etc) and caliber including tubular magazines permenantley attached to the firearm that hold more than 7 rounds. Also 2 separate bans on magazine capacities. One is for 10 rounds and the other is 7 rounds. Obviously they are going with 2 in hopes of a "compromise". All of these bills have confiscation and inspections by LE in the language. Also it's of no suprise that elected officials and politicians are exempt! Meetings at the capitol this week tue,wed,and thur at 10 am!! Contact your representatives and the Governor and tell them NO! Phone #'s and emails addy's can be found a www.senate.mn. Take 10 mins and tell them how you feel/vote! Thanks, Erik

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the Ruger Talk Forum !!

3. jmartin

jmartin New Member

Scary stuff....sounds like the one just passed in NY - I really didn't think any other state legislatures were that scared of evil black guns, etc....

4. SwedeJesus

SwedeJesus New Member

It is scary because it's not just "black guns". ANY firearm that accepts a magazine will need to be registered. For many years the hunters in our state really never got up in arms about gun laws. Hopefully this changes that!

5. SwedeJesus

SwedeJesus New Member

And we have a democratic controlled legislature and a lib governor so if it makes it out of committee you know %$#@well its gonna pass!

6. Oneshotwill

Oneshotwill One Shot Will

I live in North Dakota and sent a letter.
    Do not want them crazy twin cities clowns comming across the river here.
    I was born and raised in Minnesota and never thought something like this would be possible in that state!
    Have been writing my legislators to keep them on their toes also.

7. Tx-LC-9

Tx-LC-9 New Member

It's getting Crazy out there, That's for sure.
    I called all the gun shops in DFW and couldn't find one of them that had a Ruger LC-9 or SR40c in stock.
    They said every one has bought all the stock and bullets too.
    They said guys are coming in and saying max my Credit Card with all the ammo you have.
    Glad I have enough reloads to make it awhile.
    Will have to go back to the presses after a couple more range trips though.
    :D

8. Tx-LC-9

Tx-LC-9 New Member

Everyone needs to be a card carrying member of the NRA and the Rifle association of your home State that's for sure then send emails and phone calls to your state rep.
    It is not quite too late to react but it's getting there.
    :cool: