10/22 Tactical Take Down

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by ccryder, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ccryder

ccryder New Member Lifetime Supporter

I picked up a 10/22 Take Down USA shooting team. I wanted swap out the blue stock with an ATI collapsible tactical. The mods weren't bad. One cut and a lot of grinding to make room for the TD parts. 3 hours later its done. I mounted a Red Dot scope, vertical grip , Laser/Light combo with an MS3 sling. It just plain ROCKS!! (10/23 number 3 in my armory.

Take a look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At 30yds, nighttime shooting water bottle hung from a Cedar on a string, they are wasted with every shot. I didn't realize the smoke from a .22LR until you blast away at night and try and see the target. My Red dot was right on. I need to adjust the Laser.

Later
    Neil S.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Nice conversion...

3. ccryder

The ATI stock is real sturdy and very comfortable. With a MS3 single point sling you can just push it out of the way and then sling it back the ready position.

4. Keeplokd

Keeplokd New Member

5. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 New Member

Drool,drool,drool.That looks so awesome it should be banned.

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Congrats, and nice job.

If I can find a TD at a good price I plan to do the same with a Tapco intrafuse stock.

Is that red dot a TurGlo? I use a Tasco on my other 10/22 and I really like it for plinking.

7. Flipflop

Flipflop New Member

That is sweet, nice job. I use Milette red dots, unfortunately they don't make them any more :(
    I have shot the TruGlo Red Dots on rifles and Bows and they seem to be a great product at a great price. Of course tasco has been building good products for a long time, but I have never tried one of their red dots.

8. ccryder

FWIW look at the ATI. It is much more substantial and better made for the same price. No screws threading into plastic only brass inserts and machine screws. It has an adjustable cheek rest and a folding as well as a collapsing stock. All in all a more secure mounting than the Tapco I had on my other 10/22. Both have the ATI stocks now.

The red dot is Tasco, works great.