You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of RugerTalk.com    
Ruger Talk - Ruger Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic >

What is for Dinner?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2017, 03:40 AM   #691
buster40c
RT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3035 Times on 2091 Posts
Likes Given: 1310

Had a Big Mikes frozen pizza that I added onions and more cheese to and it is a good frozen pizza for sure.

While the pizza was baking I made another butternut squash casserole and popped it into the oven when the pizza was done. Again I didn't have any sour cream so I used sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping cream. It was a a lot to runny so I also added some almond flour to thicken it up. Surprisingly it came out of the oven tasting really good with the cheese on top making a really good crust like topping. I have trouble sticking to recipes. LOL So far I have only thrown out a few disasters.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:53 AM   #692
DoubleR
RT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1233 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 410

Butternut squash casserole?!? Do tell!!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:42 AM   #693
buster40c
RT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3035 Times on 2091 Posts
Likes Given: 1310

2 tbs oilive oil, 2 small onions chopped, 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded out and cubed, 6 cloves garlic crushed, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbs water,3 eggs, 1/3 cup fresh basil, 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp pepper, 3/4 cup sour cream, 8 oz mozzarella cheese--I used Jack and mild cheddar shredded cheese. * If it's a little runny I added 1/2 cup almond flour and it came out good. LOL This isn't in the recipe. * Some recipes call for two butternut squash instead of just one.
Pre heat oven to 425. Heat olive oil medium heat-stir in onions until soft then add in the squash, garlic and salt. Cook and stir till squash softens a bit. Put all into a 8x12 casserole dish spreading out evenly.
Whisk eggs in a bowl, stir in sour cream, parmesan, basil, and pepper. Pour over the squash in dish. Top off with the mazarella cheese. Put into oven for about 30 minutes.
Like I said I never had the sour cream and I substituted heavy whipping cream and whole milk one time and this time I used 1 can sweetened condensed milk and cup of whole milk. I think that's why it was so runny and added the almond flour.
Some recipes call for adding sugar but I don't think it needs it because the butternut squash is sweet itself. I really like it and I have made it twice.

Last edited by buster40c; 08-14-2017 at 05:46 AM.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:19 AM   #694
DoubleR
RT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1233 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 410

Thanks Buster! It's on the menu for this week!!!! Appreciate the recipe and directions!!! Thank you! Thank you!