You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of RugerTalk.com    
Ruger Talk - Ruger Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic >

The Never Ending Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #6811
buster40c
RT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1893 Posts
Likes Given: 1231

I had a doctor appointment today because my BP and heart rate was worrying me. My BP has been running 140-160 over 90+ and heart rate was low 50. I am used to 125-130 over 70-80 with hr of 70+.

I also have white coat syndrome. That's where when I even have a doctor/dentist appointment my BP jumps. This morning before leaving for appt. it was 163/91/55. I get checked at doctor's office and it is 195/100/56. The doctor said she was supposed to send me to the ER right then. I said nope I am not going because I have white coat syndrome. So she ran an EKG and I wasn't having a heart attack. She prescribed BP meds plus emergency meds for when I go over 180/100.

So I leave and drive to the WM pharmacy for meds. While at WM I stick my arm in the BP tester. It was 136/82/54. This was less than an hour after leaving the doctor's office. The white coat syndrome wore off already.

I am going to take the BP med and next week I go back for recheck BP. I am going to keep record of each time and day of my BP checks so I can show her I have white coat. One good thing is she said I don't need a pace maker for my heart rate.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM   #6812
havasu
Administrator
RT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1548 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 390

I believe we all freak out going to the doc's business. I really freak out when they start putting gloves on and telling me to turn around!
People Like This 
Old Today, 06:30 AM   #6813
SavageGuy

Liked 682 Times on 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTER13 View Post
Good Afternoon R/T !!

Just getting back from the range...slow fired 100 rounds from each of the handguns I'd brought with me... 9mm / .357 Magnum / .45 ACP...then went to town with my AR and Shotgun... 200 rounds of 5.56 and 50 rounds of 00 BUCK.

Had a cup of Joe with the owner while I looked at his newest gun consignments then headed back home.

Sounds like you had a good time!

-John Marshall (4th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court)

Old Today, 06:33 AM   #6814
SavageGuy

Liked 682 Times on 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
My 10 year old GS wanted to come over and go fishing today.
Told him to come on over.

Ok, the boy was rearing to go, so we dug 3-4 dozen worms (first time for him), then we hit the pond,

He started catchin 12-14 " Bass on a plastic worm and Rod and reel. This is only his second time fishing.The Never Ending Thread - Off Topic

So I rigged up a couple cane poles with bobbers , he started catching Bluegill.
He was having a ball , then he caught a turtle.The Never Ending Thread - Off TopicThe Never Ending Thread - Off Topic

Then we saw the first snake on the pond in 20 years.The Never Ending Thread - Off Topic

Then they stopped biting, so we are taking a break.

May try again later.

Attachment 9878

Attachment 9879

Attachment 9880

Attachment 9881

Attachment 9882

Jim

Sounds like he's a better fishermen than me! Whenever I go fishing, nothing ever bites....

-John Marshall (4th Chief Justice of the Supreme Court)