You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of RugerTalk.com    
Ruger Talk - Ruger Forum > Accessories > Holsters and Cases >

Sportsman's Show Find

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 02:06 AM   #1
Fireman22
RT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 62 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Default Sportsman's Show Find

I went to my first ever Sportsman's Show yesterday (and yes, I'm a fool, I should have been going to them for years) and picked up a Roy's Leather Goods Pancake Holster for $10. I was hoping it would fit my Security Six but unfortunately the holster is too big.

I haven't been able to get too much information from the internet as to what gun this holster was designed for but the markings of P 9 S make me think it may have been made for an HK P9S. Although, that pistol looks too small in the pictures I've looked at, especially since the Colt MKIV that I'm holding for a friend is also a tad bit too small for the holster. (As seen in the photos, and I've included a picture of the Colt for your viewing pleasure)

Any idea from those who may have experience with the Roy's Leather Goods merchandise as to what gun this was designed for? And before you ask, I'm going to keep this holster as it is well constructed, appears comfortable, and is a piece of history. According to what I've read, the Roy Pancake holster was the original. Worse case scenario is I'll have to keep perusing firearms at the LGS's until I find one that fits. Maybe an RAP?

On a related note, while at the Sportsman Show I was also able to pick up 616 rounds of assorted .357 magnum ammo (no reloads) and 1,315 rounds of mostly CCI 22lr standard velocity and Mini-Mag. Worked out to just under $0.10 per round for the .357 and $0.05 for the 22lr. That's unheard of here in MA. Now I need to find time to go punch paper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3701.jpg (43.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3702.jpg (25.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3700.jpg (115.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (44.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:30 AM   #2
buster40c
RT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3141 Times on 2166 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

Looks to me like the gun fits in the holster. The gun shouldn't fall out anyway because the sights are above the strap. Also a plus is the trigger guard is completely covered.

Looks like you got a deal at the gun show. I have only been to maybe three gun shows and I haven't ever found a bargain deal.
Fireman22 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
Oldhand
AKA Rawhidekid!
RT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 526

A standard 1911 would fit, the one pictured only sticks out because it's ported.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
VThillman
RT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1318 Times on 961 Posts
Likes Given: 1830

That is, obviously, not a 'fitted' holster. If you have a friend with a Redhawk...
Fireman22 Likes This 
Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 PM   #5
Fireman22
RT_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 62 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster40c View Post
Looks to me like the gun fits in the holster.
I thought so too, at first but, there is enough vertical play so that this pistol can be drawn without releasing the snap. It won't fall out but seeing as it is not my pistol, I won't be carrying it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
A standard 1911 would fit, the one pictured only sticks out because it's ported.
Maybe you're right. I have never really thought about purchasing a 1911. Who knows what the future will bring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VThillman View Post
If you have a friend with a Redhawk...
None of my friends have Redhawks but the dealer does. Pretty sure he'll let me fit the gun to the holster when the time comes.

Maybe in a year or so I'll be re-posting with a new pistol update.

Old 09-13-2017, 12:52 AM   #6
buster40c
RT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3141 Times on 2166 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

Sounds like VT. He also bought the holster before he had the gun. I see a gun purchase of a gun that fits the holster. LOL I figure that holster cost you the price of a gun.
That is okay to because you know you weren't done buying guns anyway.
People Like This